Sunday, June 14, 2009

Existential Releif


I was given a comprehension assignment to look over, the passages were about technology like emails, mobile phones, the Internet etc.. a passage that stood out to me was as following



"If you live alone, if you suffer at times from an anxiety that you might not exist, email tempts you to behave neurotically- to pour into its appalling infiniteness a cataract, a hemorrhage of words, bottomless, boundary less. What feels like existential relief is in fact psychologically shallow, a dreadful meaningless leakage of self"




How true do you thing this is..?


I blog as do many other people..


Why don't we just type our 'blogs' onto a word document & save it for our own eyes.. why do we publish it online.. its not as if anyone but treason reads my posts..and its interesting to have a comment on the blog.. means someone read it.. why does this matter to us?




We are all just big babies starved of attention is my conclusion.. no I don't really mean that. I like the blogging.. it does feel good.. but I suppose alot of people have the same view as the author of the above paragraph.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog as well, although alot of it has to do with how hot you are.

    Also, existentialism! Welcome to my philosophy, and the reason I'm cutting chunks out of my arm with a dull knife as I type this.

    ReplyDelete