Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Eve of New Years Eve.


I cleverly hired out the 1st season of Entourage last night so I would not right myself off the day before new yrs..I seem to have big nights before important planned evenings..I don't know whether we all just get too excited but I was looking forward to waking up early going to the beach & having the day to get ready...

My brother decided to have some mates over for a bbq which turned into a mini party- I went outside & before I knew it everyone was drunk... It was a great evening.. Eye opening..I caught my lil brother having a compression session in his mates car.. Now this is so unbelievably as my brother is so anti anything remotely illegal..how ironic..You have to know my family to understand this..

Around 10 o clock we are all in the pool.. about 15 of us..my pool is not as big as it usually is with that many people in it..funny that...we have this anal neighbour..her husband formerly was married to her mother, yes you read correctly..she stole her step dad & married him..she also paints her driveway monthly to keep it looking shiny & vacuums her grass so no leaves are on it.. desperate housewives eat your heart out.

When my parents host Bbq's or have people around she turns on her outside light & shines it in our yard.. as a little warning for us to keep it down. So she does this last night.. of course we don't really notice as we are all listening intently to the people playing guitar..they sounded great apart from the death metal songs they were trying to scream with an acoustic guitar-just doesn't really work... So we see 2 heads popping over our fence telling us how terrible we are..I get everyone to go inside then about 10 minutes later there is a knock at the door-of course it's the police & because we are such menaces too society they felt the need to send 3 squad cars- like hello? I know people who are getting broken into in Balga have trouble getting cops to arrive with 1 car within the hr let alone 3 in 10 Min's for a frigging noise complaint..

One of the offices just walks on into my house-totally illegal if they do not have a search warrant..I am not about to point this out though & I block the doorway and talk to him in the kitchen- nice and co-operative- well done by me considering I'd just finished a bottle of wine..

When i awoke I found a mauled leg of meat on the outside table with a knife sticking out of it..I had to try & remember what it was..for a second I was worried someone had killed the neighbours & ate them..but I realised it was the Christmas ham I was cutting up and we were all eating..

So it's nearly 5 o clock on new yrs eve I am super hung over & a little annoyed at my stupidity & habit to get to drunk the night before an event.

Going to see Pendulum at Origin tonight I cannot wait!! Here's hoping I find my second wind before midnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment