Sunday, December 28, 2008

When The Stalagmites Go Up, The Stalactites Fall down


I went down south on the weekend, just got back today..Would of liked to have stayed longer.. I left Saturday afternoon & because roller coaster was on in Mandurah it took at least 1hr & a half to get through there then just outside Lake Clifton someone had a crash so I had to detour down Pinjarra rd...ultimately resulting in what should of been a 3 hr trip took about 5 & a half hours. Fantastic!!

So my friend & I went to the Ngili Caves in Yallingup & oh my goodness how small we all are in the scheme of things like this.. Nigili Cave is 11 storeys deep..It takes over 100yrs for stalagmite/stalactites to grow 1cm & some of these things would have been at least 1 mtr & a half.. It was opened to the public in 1901..it didn't have stairs & lighting back then so people just used to walk on in & explore..crazy.. There is a part where you have to crawl through a cave(optional), now I am extremely claustrophobic but being adventurous my logic was how often am I exploring an ancient cave with my best friend? So I go crawling through this tiny dark space..there are people in front an behind so once your in you have to keep going..so a little girl a few people in front decided to panic & not move forward..I start to get extremely nervous & just hope she gets her shit together... I have these 4 American guys literally sitting on my back so it's starts to get extremely humid!! I have photo's to prove this..it's quiet funny cause I look calm and happy.. Fake cheesy smiles meanwhile on the inside I was totally panicking/cursing myself for not wearing shorts, here's a handy tip for anyone with the hankering for some cave adventures...don't wear a dress..need I say more?

After about 45 Min's in this cave we decide it's time to surface..we get lost...walked up & down & in circles & I swear I nearly had a heart attack...new yrs resolution.. get fit!

We drove to Margaret River that afternoon had a look around & went to Prevelly Beach...renowned for it's dangerous breaks..the most dangerous in W.A, the sets are amazing but so fierce..4 brutal waves straight after one another..god help you if one of those smashes you in to the reef let alone 4 of them!!! Just call me extreme..cave explorer..dare devil beach goer..it was waaay to windy & there were no hotties like I had imagined..after about an hr when I could not hear or see any longer because there was so much sand in my ears & eyes we decided to head back.. the drive to & from Margs from Caves rd is stunning..so many beautiful old trees..very peaceful..I'm thinking of living there for a Summer next year on Uni break with my friend..why not? Exactly.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get to Smiths..I used to surf it when I was younger...I wouldn't these days due to scary down south locals that could possibly kill me if I dropped in on them.. I'm heading back down to Busselton on Friday for South Bound so will make sure to go there on the Sunday..Not to surf..but to sit there & be awesome ha ha.

I have the house to myself..I have to go water the 50 bazillion plants in the garden now so they don't die..Here's hoping I am not found lying dead next to a running hose by the frangipanni tree after getting severe sun stroke.. who said I'm not a optimist?

No comments:

Post a Comment