Thursday, December 25, 2008

You're The New Revolution, The Angst Filled Adolescent, You Fit The Stereotype Well


Merry Christmas.

Or should we replace the merry with "untill i have to much to drink & feel I can say whatever the hell I want & blame it on innebriation?"

So i had a wonderful christmas at home as usual, my mum makes a lot off effort for it to feel special which is lovely..had the family over & these 4 west papuan refugee young adults over for lunch...it's there first christmas away from there family whome they'll probably never see again.. these kids are as old or a few yrs older than me & you cannot begin to imagine what they have seen, sacrificed & remember..god bless australia.

I got some nice presents..perfume..clothes..house appliances.. the book twilight..i detest the movie.. but i could see from the movie that it was obviously a book that was trying to be crammed into a movie an can appreciate it may be a great story so I am going to give twilight a chance to redeem itself otherwise I will feed it to a goat. Take that Stephanie Meyer.

As nice as it was to have these 4 west papuans here I couldn't help but to think - is it worst to have them around another families happy christmas..would it be better to leave them to themselves to keep there mind off christmas ..I dunno if it was torturous to them..lovely gesture by my mother but i think sometimes you just have to accept things are that way & you're not going to be able to fix it..which is an awful selfish way to think..but they just seemed so sad & uncomfortable.. But then I guess if everyone thought like that nothing would be changed..don't get me wrong I don't think things should be left how they are just because it's how it is, just felt like here we are having our merry happy christmas with our families in our home..I can't imagine how numbing that must of been for them..

I went to friends last night for christmas festivities & the subject between the girls came up about someone I am sick of hearing about as it gets me quiet annoyed..so I got up & went outside to talk to my friend about something way more awesome than bitching about someone who shouldn't take up our conversation time! Any how when I sat back down once of the girls asks me what my problem is I explained I don't want to sit around bitching & then my drunk friend got all angry. Now as I am writing this I realise how pathetic & immature it is..I try to avoid this crap because why the hell would we sit around talking shit about someone getting everyone all fiery & annoyed when we could be acting like FRIENDS and having a good time. Sometimes I swear that I could make a show as dramatic or maybe even more as Laguna beach..for fucks sake are we not all getting as bit old for this crap...peoples jealousy is ridiculous & transparent but you cannot tell that to them without looking conceited.. Peoples insecurities are so fickle sometimes & it just looks worse when you try to justify it.

I suppose I started this because my head is going to explode & what I know & what I see just seems to intimidate people. If everytime you start drinking/or your with your friends & you seem to just snap at people or have a conflict it's time to take a good hard look at yourself & realise it may be you, don't let your sadness & insecurities blind you to a great freind standing in front of you.. Alot of my friends remind me of the lost boys from peter pan..always playing, no rules & really happy but when it comes down to it & there vulnerable they just want someone to look after them. It's not a bad thing. Everyone wants to be cared for- just don't keep cutting the ties of the ones that do because there not going to keep coming back..

So I cancelled bbq today cause lately there has just been to much tension within our group & I hate the drama. Everyones growing up & the harsh realisation of it has people flailing even if they don't know it.

Life is great.. These are our glory years..don't waste them being worried about petty things that in a yrs time will not matter all that much..

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady, your blogs really enlightning, very mature i'm very impressed, not that i didn't expect it haha it's just really good to see. I know what you mean about friends who spend time talking about people than spending it on good causes. Little frustrating. I guess there always has to be one person leading by example, and it looks like it has to be you hun.

    ReplyDelete